Big Brother

Democrats Want Mob Rule – Call For The End Of The Electoral College

“Democracy is nothing more than mob rule where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%,” a quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

A “pure democracy” form of government that allows the majority to rule disregarding the desires of those who don’t agree – the pack mentality.

The Democratic-dominated US Congress spent its last few days before the holidays crafting another massive, pork-filled spending bill.

On Thursday evening right before a potential government shutdown, every Democratic Senator, along with 18 Rinos, passed an omnibus spending bill to fund the federal government through the fall of 2023.

Stuffed in the 4,000+ pages of the un-democratic, catch-all bill were changes to the Electoral Count Act.

The Electoral Count Reform Act clarifies some of the supposed “loopholes”.

It defines that the vice president’s role is ceremonial, meaning that the vice president doesn’t have the power to toss out states’ electoral votes or “send it back to the states.”

The act also raises the threshold for members of Congress to object to electoral votes and makes it harder for state legislatures or governors to ignore the popular vote when certifying Electoral College votes.

On Sunday, CBS’s “Face the Nation” Host Margaret Brennan asked US House Rep. Jaime Raskin(D-MD) about the January 6 Committee and the Electoral Count Reform Act.

Raskin called the Electoral College a ‘danger to the American people”.

“I think that the Electoral College now, which has given us five popular vote losers as president…twice in this century alone, has become a danger not just to democracy, but to the American people,” Raskin said.

See also  NYPD Offers $10K Reward for ‘Animal’ Responsible for Two 13-Year-Olds Tied Up, One Sexually Assaulted

Raskin also slammed the US Constitution.

Raskin echoed the calls of other closet Marxists by insisting that a US president should be elected by the popular vote.

“We should elect the president the way we elect governors, senators, mayors, representatives, everybody else… whoever gets the most votes wins,” Raskin said.

Leftists look at the Founding Fathers of the United States with disdain for intentionally steering away from pure democracy instead establishing the oldest living Constitutional Republic.

This prevents states like New York and California from electing every US president ensuring a majority of the citizens in smaller populated states do not become disenfranchised in choosing the nation’s next Commander in Chief, every four years.

Sponsors

PureTalk – Save Big Money On Your Cell Phone Bill  (Use Promo”FLSfree” to get one free month)

Continue Reading
You may also like...

Conservative independent talk show host and owner of https://FinishTheRace. USMC Veteran fighting daily to preserve Faith - Family - Country values in the United States of America.

Comments

More in Big Brother

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Awesome Deals On MyPillow.com Products https://MyPillow.com/FTR (Promo code "FTR")

Download My Podcasts Below

Eric Thompson Show Podcast